2013年6月7日星期五

翻譯:胡敏練心語記英語四級單詞:K字頭

K字頭

A: Are you looking forward to going to the zoo tomorrow?
B: Actually, I’m not too keen on going, but I guess it’ll be fun to go with friends.
keen
a. 1.(on) 熱古道热肠的,盼望的;2.敏銳的,迅速的;3.剧烈的,強烈的; 4.鋒利的,刺人的

A: Is the water in the kettle boiling yet?
B: Not yet, but it should be in a minute or so.
kettle
n. 火壺

A: Why can’t you use your puter?
B: Because the keyboard’s broken,英翻中.
keyboard
n. 鍵盤

A: When I was a kid , I use to love to eat ice cream.
B: So did I , but now I’m too worried about my health to be able to enjoy it.
kid
n. 小孩,年輕人
v. 戲弄,(與……)開打趣

A: Has your son started school yet?
B: Yes, he just started kindergarten this fall.
kindergarten
n. 幼兒園

A: Here’s some money to help you pay off your dept.
B: Thank you so much for your kindness .
kindness
n. 1.親切,善良,好心;2.善良(或善意)的止為

A: Why do you think the various kingdoms of the middle ages were always at war?
B: I don’t know. but I would guess that it was for the same reasons that people fight wars today.
kingdom
n. 1.王國;2.領域,界

A: Why do people kneel before the king and queen?
B: It’s a sign of respect.
kneel
vi. 跪

A: Why are you wearing your shoes to bed?
B: Because my shoelaces are tied in a knot , and I can’t get them off!
knot
n. 1.(繩等的)結;2.(木材上的)節疤;3.(航速單位)節
vt. 把……打成結,把……結牢

没有评论:

发表评论